Sign Up Info
Southwest Little League is committed to creating a terrific experience for you and your young baseball player. Our objective is to assist youth in developing qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork, and physical well being. We aim to give proper guidance and exemplary leadership. Of course, we will do our best to make sure that everyone has fun!
2013 Signup Dates and Location
Saturday, February 2nd and 9th
11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Steve Cox Memorial Park (Small Log Cabin)
What to bring to registration:
- Copy of player’s birth certificate
- THREE proofs of residency (see below)
- Registration Fee (cash or check only)
Southwest Little League will provide all the forms you need at registration. The medical release form requires insurance, doctor, and emergency contact info so have that available. If you plan to volunteer, you will be asked to complete a volunteer form which authorizes the league to perform a background check.
Forms to be filled out at registration or download and bring them with you:
- Player Registration Form
- Medical Release Form
- Parent and Athlete Concussion Information & Consent Form
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Little League Volunteer Application 2013
- Sport Parent Code of Conduct
- What Parents need to Know about Little League Insurance
- Volunteer Refund Request
- LO QUE LOS PADRES DEBEN SABER ACERCA DEL SEGURO DE LAS PEQUEÑAS LIGAS (Spanish)
- Solicitud para Voluntarios de las Pequeñas Ligas (Spanish)
- Formulario: Registro de Jugador (Spanish)
- Revelación Médica (Spanish)
- Código de Conducta de los Entrenadores (Spanish)
- Forma de Autorización y Información para el Padre y Atleta (Spanish)
- 2013 SWLL flyer Seattle final (2MB PDF - You are invited to share this flyer with your friends.)
2013 Player’s Fees and Fundraiser
- Tee-Ball $70.00
- Farm $70.00
- Minors $95.00
- Majors $95.00
- Juniors $110.00
- Seniors $110.00
Candy Fundraiser: Every player must either participate in the candy sale or buyout of the process by paying the league $50.00, which is equivalent to the profit from the sale.
Volunteer: Every family is requested to volunteer. There is a refundable $25.00 volunteer fee. Once the 8 hours have been completed, the family downloads the form from the website, completes it, has the coach/board member sign it and mail it in for the $25.00 refund.
Age Requirements: Your child’s “league age” can be found by comparing their birth date with this AgeCharts-BBSB-13.
Once you know your child’s league age, you will know the child’s division.
- Tee-Ball (league age 4-5-6)
- Farm (league age 6-7-8)
- Minors (league age 8-10)
- Majors (league age 10-12)
- Juniors (league age 13-14)
- Seniors (league age 14-16)
Southwest Little League players must meet the league residency requirements. A player will be deemed to reside within the league boundaries if:
His / Her parents are living together and are residing within such league boundaries, or; Either of the player’s parents (or his/her court-appointed legal guardian) reside within such boundaries. It is unacceptable if a parent moves into a league’s boundaries for the purpose of qualifying for tournament play. “Residence”, “reside”, and “residing” refers to a place of bona fide continuous habitation. A place of residence once established shall not be considered changed unless the parents, parent, or guardian makes a bona fide change of residence.
Residence shall be established and supported by documents from THREE of the following categories* (please note that bringing 3 utility bills is only one document. Please bring 3 different types) to determine residency of such parent(s) or guardian:
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s registration
- School Records
- Welfare / Child care records
- Federal Records
- State Records
- Local (municipal) records
- Support payment records
- Homeowner or tenant records
- Utility bills (i.i. gas, electric, water / sewer, phone, cell phone, heating.)
- Financial (loan, credit, investments) records
- Insurance documents
- Medical records
- Military records
- Vehicle records
*Note: The documents must be dated between February 1, 2012 and January 31, 2013).
Players must reside within the following boundaries to play for Southwest Little League: